To make things easier for clients and myself, these terms were developed to expedite and simplify the logo design process. Please read the terms below or return to the previous page.
- For every logo project, the client must fill out and submit the logo design form. This information is critical for the development of the logo.
- A proposal outlining total projected cost will be submitted to the client. If accepted, a 50% NONREFUNDABLE deposit of the total projected cost will be required in order to begin the project.
- Once the 50% deposit is received, I will present 1–3 logo options for the client to review.
- During review, the client can make up to 2 major revisions* and 5 minor revisions* to ONE of the logos, if necessary. More revisions can be requested (read 6b).
- Once revisions are complete, the client can either approve or deny the logo.
- If APPROVED, the client must pay the remaining proposal amount in order to receive their logo files.
- If DENIED, the client can continue more rounds of revisions at the hourly rate (read 6b).
- If DENIED, the client can also cancel entirely without paying the other 50% of the cost (read 7a).
- PAYMENT SUMMARY
- Payments can be made using a credit or debit card through my payment portal via Stripe payment services. I will send payment information as needed. Check by mail is also acceptable, but not recommended for time-sensitive projects.
- The client has the option to exceed the allotted number of revisions at a rate of $95/hr, which is billed in 1/4 hour increments. This amount is appended to the final cost, irrespective of whether the client ultimately accepts or rejects the final logo.
- All payments are nonrefundable. Final payment also indicates a nonverbal approval and end to each project.
- CANCELATION POLICY
- Clients who cancel services before approval will not be required to pay the remaining 50% and will not receive any logo files. Cancelation also means the client forfeits all rights to the created artwork (read 8a).
- LOGO OWNERSHIP / COPYRIGHT
- Ownership: Until the logo is paid in full, Dezfox (James Allen Schaffranek) owns the rights to the created artwork. Clients may not print, re-create, sell, reproduce, share, or use the artwork in any way for any reason. The client will own the creative rights for the artwork (logo) once the final payment is received.
- Registering Trademark/Copyright: If a client intends to seek copyright/trademark protection of their company name and/or logo, it is their responsibility to do so. The client is encouraged to do so prior to filling out the logo form to ensure that the company name is eligible for registered protection. I do not and cannot provide these services.
- Marketing Use: Client permits that I can use their logo for portfolio and marketing purposes including, but not limited to: Dezfox portfolio, advertisements, web banners, e-newsletters, etc. The client can request the removal of their logo from my personal portfolio and marketing materials if they wish.
Logo Design Terms are subject to change without notice.
*Minor and major revisions: The complexity and classification of each revision are defined at the discretion of the artist, James Allen.